Get in the Christmas Spirit with Movie-Themed Recipes
What’s the best way to get in the Christmas spirit? For many, it’s putting on your favorite holiday movies and enjoying time with friends and family. It’s a tradition we know and love, and Monica from The Movement Menu wants to help you take it to the next level. Immerse yourself into your favorite Christmas movies with recipes inspired by the stories themselves!
In this video, Monica shows you how to build your own Polar Express® inspired hot chocolate bar with fresh Stemilt Gala apple syrup. Once you make it, light a fire, cozy up on the couch, have a holly, jolly time, and don’t forget to tag us in your creations on Instagram.
Scroll to the very bottom of the page for the full recipe.
For more step-by-step videos and full recipes inspired by holiday classics – A Christmas Story® and Love Actually® – fill out the form below.
Complete the form to get the other recipe videos:
- Apple Syrup:
- 3 cups Stemilt Fuji apple juice
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dairy Free Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 2 2/3 cups cacao powder
- 1 1/3 cups coconut sugar
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 7 scoops collagen peptides, optional
- 1 tsp cayenne powder, optional
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder, optional
- Hot Chocolate:
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple syrup
- Topping Ideas:
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped topping
- Nuts & seeds
Make yourself a cup of the creamiest and dreamiest hot chocolate, loaded up with spiced apple syrup and all of the best toppings.
- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorydessert
- Juice 6 Stemilt Fuji apples or more until you get about 3 cups of fresh apple juice. Add to a saucepan along with maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla extract.
- Bring to a low boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for about 25-30 minutes until the syrup has reduced down to about 1/3 or 1/2.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- While the syrup is cooking, make the hot chocolate mix.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and transfer to an airtight container or jar.
- When ready to make the hot chocolate, add hot chocolate mix, apple syrup, and desired milk or non-dairy milk into a frother or heat through on the stove and whisk until smooth and simmering. Add to a blender pitcher and blend until frothy if not using a frother. Serve with desired toppings.
- Calories: 597
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 1142 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 116. 6 g
- Fiber Content: 33 g
- Sugar Content: 58.3 g
- Protein Content: 39.5 g