Last Updated and Effective Date: April 1, 2020
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE REASON FOR THE COLLECTION
We collect the following personal information from you when you engage our Services, and describe below the reasons why we collect the personal information.
- Automatically From Our Websites. When you visit our websites, we and our services providers may automatically collect, for example, your device information, browser information, geolocation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and information regarding your activities on and use of websites. We and our services providers collect this information to communicate the content on our websites to you, to recognize you, to learn more about the users of our websites and their preferences, to customize and improve your experience on our websites, and for business and marketing purposes.
- Identifiers And Other Information You Provide. When you use our websites, visit our retail locations or contact our customer services, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself or your organization, including your name, email address, company name, job title, address, date of birth, phone number, payment information, information regarding a gift recipient (such as the recipient’s name, address, and note to the recipient), and any messages or comments you may choose to provide as part of your communication. We collect this information to send information regarding our Services, for marketing purposes, for sweepstakes, to address your comments or questions to customer service, to process your payment, to ship your purchases, to give you an opportunity to comment in response to our blogs, and to learn more about our audience.
- Community Donations. As part of our efforts to support our community, we collect information from organizations that are looking for corporate support and donations. The information we collect is through our Community Donation Application, which includes the name of your organization/project/event, 501(c)(3) identification number, contact name, title, address, phone number, and email address, and other information related to the donation. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Committee uses this information to make decisions regarding the organizations, projects and events to support and sponsor.
WHETHER WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may, however, share your personal information with services providers who assist us with our business functions, for example, sales and marketing platform and services, web analytics, shipping, payment processing and other business services.
Our service provider, Google Analytics, also stores information about how visitors use our websites so that we can give users a better user experience. Google Analytics provides information storage services, which record information about the pages you visit, how much time you were on certain pages, how you arrived at our websites, and what you clicked on while there. We do not share Google Analytics data.
In addition, we may share your personal information if necessary to: (1) comply with federal, state, or local laws; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
Further, we may share non-personal information with other parties who provide and perform services on our behalf or assist us in analyzing how our services are used as long as the information has been deidentified or aggregated.
Lastly, we may transfer to a third party personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. However, no security system is perfect. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained for the time required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations.
Our websites are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, please contact us in writing via email or using our contact information below. Please include an indication that your request is related to a Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act inquiry. We will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Our websites currently do not support or respond to Do Not Track requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track through your web browser.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING FEATURES
Our websites may offer social media sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our websites with other media, and vice versa. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our websites, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. Social media sharing features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our websites. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social media sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
|NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS|
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) regarding their personal information. We describe below your rights if you are a California resident.
Right To Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
(1) The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
(3) The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
(5) The categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
(6) If applicable, the categories of personal information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties who received your personal information in the sale.
You may submit a request for the information above by calling us at 1-888-662-9667 or [insert web link for customers to submit requests]. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal information to also delete your personal information from their records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal information or direct service providers to delete your personal information from their records. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (1) retain your personal information to complete a transaction, provide a good or service, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall, or to perform under a contract between us; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (5) comply with the law; and (6) use your personal information for internal and lawful purposes.
You may submit a request to delete your personal information by calling us at 1-888-662-9667 or [insert web link for customers to submit requests]. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us to not sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-888-662-9667 or Brianna.email@example.com.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA, as described above. This includes, but is not limited to: (A) denying goods or services to you; (B) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (C) providing a different level or quality of goods or services; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf to exercise the rights above. When contacting us through the methods above to exercise any of the CCPA rights, please indicate whether you are an authorized agent and we will provide you instructions on how we will verify and process your request.
Send us an email via our Contact Us form
Write to us: Stemilt Growers, ATTN: Stemilt.com, 3135 Warehouse Rd., Wenatchee, WA 98801.