- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped apple, cored
- 1/4 cup blanched, salted almonds
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- Fresh apple slices
- Assorted crackers
- Cheeses (Brie, Blue, Cheddar)
A twist on the classic pesto to include tasty apples.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineItalian, American
- In CategorySides, Sauces
- In food processor or blender, place all pesto ingredients except vegetable oil.
- Process on high speed just until ingredients are well mixed (1 minute).
- While food processor is processing, add vegetable or olive oil, one tablespoon at a time, until texture is smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- To serve, place dip in a bowl, and surround with variety of favorite apples and crackers, or serve on top of softened cheeses.
- Cover; refrigerate leftovers.
- Calories: 69
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 100 mg