- 1 cup sugar
- 3 lbs apples (preferably of mixed variety), peeled, cored, cut into 3/4” chunks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Jam is the perfect topper on your toast and even dip for some of your favorite fruits.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySide Dish, Breakfast
- Bring sugar and 3 tbsp water to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil, swirling pan occasionally and brushing down sides of pan, until mixture turns a deep amber color, about 4 minutes.
- Add apples and vanilla bean and stir to coat. Add spices like cinnamon sticks, ground clove, or fresh grated ginger if wanting.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally to help the apples cook evenly and dissolve any pieces of caramel.
- Continue to cook until apples are translucent and softened and most of the liquid has evaporated, 20–25 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Discard vanilla bean and store apple jam in a glass jar or container in the fridge for up to one month.
- Calories: 300
- Fat Content: 0.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 16mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 79.4g
- Fiber Content: 4.1g
- Sugar Content: 68.2g
- Protein Content: 0.2g