- 2-2 1/2 cups Stemilt dark-sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 tbsp of butter melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup 2% milk, room temperature
- Confection sugar for dusting
A traditional Clafoutis is a French custard dessert, but this one includes Stemilt dark-sweet cherries.
- Yield6-8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter to the pie dish and watch while melts, then remove it. Use a pastry brush to spread the butter across the pie dish.
- Add the flour, salt, and sugar to a medium mixing bowl and stir until they are fully blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the dry mix, and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add the vanilla and milk to the batter, and stir until very smooth.
- Blanket the bottom of the pan with fresh cherries, and then pour the batter across the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Once fully cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature before dusting with sugar.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Calories: 167
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 51 mg
- Sodium Content: 89 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 11 g