- 1 large or 2 small Stemilt Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Think dense, moist pumpkin bread with cozy warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, studded with sweet, juicy Bartlett pears. Perfectly delicious as is but extra tasty when served warm or toasted with a schmear of butter.
- Yield8 pieces, 1 loaf servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBaking, Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in pear, and pecans, if using
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake until browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60-75 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Calories: 290
- Fat Content: 2.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 42mg
- Sodium Content: 248mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 63.5g
- Fiber Content: 4.7g
- Sugar Content: 40.5g
- Protein Content: 6.8g