Stone fruit season is here again, and what better way to celebrate it’s arrival than with a tasty homemade ice cream recipe in honor of today’s National Peach Ice Cream Day? At Stemilt, all of our peaches and nectarines are grown organically (and certified organic too) and this week marked the start of our harvest for these delicious, Washington-grown summer fruits.
It’s fitting that organic peaches are being picked fresh from our trees right now because July 17th is National Peach Ice Cream Day in the United States! To help you celebrate this peachy event, grab some Artisan Organics peaches from your store and give this easy recipe for homemade peach ice cream a try!
Missing an ice cream maker or churner? No problem! I followed a simple, no-churn ice cream recipe from Picky Palate but made it with yellow peaches instead of white peaches since they are fresh off the tree here at Stemilt (and much easier to find at grocery stores). If you’re dairy-free, consider making my easy Peach Sorbet recipe from last year to celebrate this special day. Happy National Peach Ice Cream Day!
- 2 Artisan Organic Peaches
- 3 tablespoons of Butter
- 3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 7 ounces of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon o fVanilla
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 sheets of Graham Crackers
- Rosemary sprigs (for garnish, optional)
Celebrate stone fruit season with this simple, No Churn Peach Ice Cream.
- Place peaches, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until peaches are softened and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Place sweetened condensed milk and vanilla into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Gently fold in whipped cream in batches until smooth and combined.
- Gently fold in peaches and graham crackers to combine. Transfer to temperature proof container and cover tightly. Freeze overnight, until ice cream is firm. Serve in a bowl and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary, if desired.
- Calories: 248
- Fat Content: 13.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 40mg
- Sodium Content: 129mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 30.4g
- Fiber Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 23.4g
- Protein Content: 3.4g