- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 2 Stemilt apples, cored and quartered
- 2 medium carrots, ends trimmed, cut into one-inch lengths
- 1/2” to 1” square knob fresh, peeled ginger (as preferred)
- 1/2 navel orange, peel and pith removed
- 1/2 small banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp golden flax seed meal (if desired)
- 1/2 to 1 cup water (depending on preferred consistency)
Apples and carrots combine with a touch of ginger to make a delicious and healthy smoothie.
In CategoryDrinks, Smoothie
- Place ice cubes in blender pitcher, followed by apples, carrots, ginger, orange, banana, and flax meal.
- Add in 1/2 cup water. Blend on high (or on “whole juice,” or “smoothie,” as applicable on blender settings) for designated time, or approximately 1 minute, until ingredients are completely broken down/puréed.
- Blend in additional water to thin out, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 216.1 g
- Fat Content: 0.7 g
- Protein Content: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22.6 g
- Fiber Content: 4.3 g
- Sugar Content: 14.9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.0 mg
- Sodium Content: 23.7 mg