- 1 1/2 cups 100% natural coconut water (canned)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 large Stemilt apple, divided
- ground cinnamon (optional topping)
- pure maple syrup (optional topping)
- milk, almond milk or soy milk (optional topping)
- toasted coconut flakes (optional topping)
Apples, Coconut, and Quinoa combine to create a healthful breakfast dish that you will want to make again and again.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast,
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and rinse/wash thoroughly; set sieve over bowl to fully drain.
- Peel and finely dice 1/4 of apple; set aside. Quarter remaining apple and cut into thin slices, lengthwise; set aside.
- Add peeled and diced apple, coconut water and quinoa to a saucepan and bring to a boil, covered.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on low, covered, for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, until coconut water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for another 2 to 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Divide among serving bowls and top, as preferred, with warmed milk, a drizzle of maple syrup, a light dusting of cinnamon, and a bit of toasted coconut flakes.
- Arrange several slices of fresh apple alongside each bowl. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information assumes 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 cups soy milk, 1 ounce coconut flakes.
- Calories: 376.7 mg
- Fat Content: 6.8 g
- Protein Content: 9.4 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53.4 g
- Fiber Content: 3.8 g
- Sugar Content: 19.8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 83.2 mg