- 12-oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Stemilt Fuji Apple, peeled, cored and diced (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Stemilt Red d'Anjou Pear, peeled, cored and diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 - 1 cup chopped pecans
This sweet and tart apple cranberry sauce with a hint of crunch is perfect for the Thanksgiving holidays!
In CategorySide Dish
- Place the cranberries in a colander and thoroughly rinse them.
- Pick out and discard any damaged or bruised cranberries.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the water and sugar over medium-high heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is simmering, add the cranberries, stirring to coat them with the syrup. Let the cranberries cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped apples and pears. Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, stirring periodically, until the cranberries are soft and have all popped open.
- Stir in the lemon zest, cinnamon, and pecans, if using.
- Remove from the heat. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Calories: 144
- Fat Content: 1.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 1mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 32.3g
- Fiber Content: 2.9g
- Sugar Content: 28.1g
- Protein Content: 0.4g