- For the apple and pear juices:
- 3 Stemilt Cosmic Crisp® Apples, cored and roughly diced
- 3 Stemilt D’Anjou Pears, cored and roughly diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- For serving:
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Champagne, Brut, or Prosecco
- Thinly sliced apples, for garnish
Sunday brunch just got flavorful! Freshen up your favorite mimosa with Cosmic Crisp® apples and d'Anjou pears!
For the juice:
- Add the cored and diced apples to an electric pressure cooker. Add enough water to just cover the apples (never less than ½ cup for safety). Add ¼ tsp cinnamon. Add the lid and cook for 6 minutes, then manually release the steam. Alternatively, add ingredients to a stockpot and let simmer over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes, until apples are very soft.
- While the apples are cooking, line a glass or heat safe bowl with cheesecloth.
- When done cooking, mash with a potato masher or the bottom of a clean drinking class. Pour through the cheesecloth to catch the juices. Discard the pulp or use it to make muffins or fruit bread. Set the juice aside.
- Repeat with pears.
To make the mimosas:
- Add the sugar and cinnamon to a small rimmed plate and mix together.
- Take one of the sliced apples, cut a small slit in the center, and slide the rim of each of your glasses through the slit to moisten. Dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim. Repeat with all glasses.
- Add 2 tbsp-¼ cup (depending on preference) pear or apple juice to each glass. Top with your choice of champagne, brut, or prosecco.
- Garnish with apple slices on rim and serve.
- Calories: 224
- Fat Content: .5
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 4mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 56.5g
- Fiber Content: 9.1g
- Sugar Content: 41.7g
- Protein Content: 1g