- Crisp Taco Shells
- 1 package of corn tortillas, street taco-sized
- 2 cups gluten-free granola
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan/plant butter
- Apple Pie Filling
- 3 large Stemilt Fuji apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca/arrowroot flour (may use cornstarch instead)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dairy-free vanilla ice cream
Let's taco about how easily these Apple Pie Tacos come together and how unbelievably easy they are to scarf down!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and dice the apples then place them into a medium saucepan along with the lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, tapioca/arrowroot flour, and water. Stir to combine and heat over medium heat stirring frequently until the apples soften, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the granola, cinnamon, and coconut sugar in a food processor/blender and blend until you have a very fine crumb texture. Place the crumb mixture into a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a bowl, then gently dip each corn tortilla in the melted butter and then coat them with the cinnamon sugar granola crumbs and place the tortilla shell in the underside of a cupcake pan to allow the tortilla to hold its shape while baking.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas until you have 9-10 of them. You may need to use more than one cupcake pan. It's ok if the tortillas are slightly overlapped.
- Bake the shells for 10-12 minutes until they look golden and crispy. Let them cool completely before filling with the apple pie filling.
- Top with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream!
- Calories: 445