- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups banana flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, ripe and smashed with a fork
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter or sunflower seed butter, or other preferred nut butter
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 cups Pink Lady® apples from Stemilt
Well, this Cinnamon Zucchini Apple Bread certainly has got it goin’ on. Using a combination of banana flour and tapioca starch this Cinnamon Zucchini Apple Bread is not only gluten-free but also grain-free and very delicious.
- Yield2 loaves servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). To create flax eggs, combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes to “gel up.” In a large bowl, whisk together the banana flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Grate the zucchini by hand using a cheese grater. Peel and dice the apples into small pieces and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, nut or seed butter and prepared flax eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, add the zucchini and apples and stir to combine. Don’t overmix. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake the bread for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the bread is nice and golden.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing. Store covered on your counter for up to 3 days, alternatively, you can slice and freeze it for later!