- 4 slices sourdough, whole wheat, or white bread
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham
- 1 firm but ripe Bartlett or d'Anjou pear, peeled, halves lengthwise, cored, and each half cut lengthwise into 3 thick slices.
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
Gourmet Brie cheese combines with ham and pears for a tasty take on a classic sandwich combo.
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryPears, Spring, Summer, Quick & Easy
Preheat a panini maker, grill pan, or griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Place 2 Slices of bread on a work surface and spread half of the mustard on each slice. Divide the ham between the 2 sandwiches and arrange on top. Add 3 slices of pear to each sandwich and grind a bit of pepper over the pear slices. Top the pears with slices of cheese. Place a slice of bread on top and butter the top slices of bread with half of the butter. (If using a panini maker, butter both sides of the bread before grilling.)
Place the sandwiches in the panini maker and close the lid. Grill until nicely browned on both sides. For a grill or griddle, place the sandwiches buttered side down on the hot grill or griddle. Butter the topside of the sandwiches. Grill until nicely browned on one side and then flip and grill the other side. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
- Calories: 379
- Fat Content: 17g (sat 9g, poly 2g, mono 5g)
- Protein Content: 18g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 55mg
- Sodium Content: 888mg