- 1 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 green onions, chopped (including green tops)
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic (about one clove)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup fresh Stemilt cherries, pitted and chopped
Brown rice, cherries, and green onions combine to make a healthy side dish the whole family will enjoy.
- Prepare steamed brown rice according to package directions.
- When brown rice is steamed, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the one tablespoon butter on medium high heat.
- When butter is foaming, add pine nuts and sauté until toasted.
- Remove pine nuts from skillet.
- Add the second tablespoon of butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until both are softened and golden brown.
- Toss the steamed rice with the pine nuts, garlic and onion mixture and fresh chopped cherries.
- Serve warm.
- Calories: 323
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Sodium Content: 45 mg
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Sugar Content: 5 g