- 1 package (16 oz) hot roll mix
- 2 cups Stemilt sweet cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 oz lowfat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cinnamon Sugar, optional
Start the day off with a tasty cherry and cream cheese calzone!
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineAmerican, Italian
- In CategoryBreakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
- Combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and cinnamon.
- Mix cream cheese and almond extract.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Flatten into 6-inch rounds.
- Spoon 1/4 cup cherry mixture onto one half of each round.
- Top with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and 1 teaspoon almonds.
- Fold dough in half and seal edges. Pierce tops with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with milk; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350 about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
- Calories: 353
- Fat Content: 6.1 g
- Protein Content: 9.3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 67.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 9 mg
- Fiber Content: 2.8 g
- Sodium Content: 439 mg