- Crust Ingredients
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces (2 large bars) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cherry Topping:
- 2 cups fresh cherries, stems removed and pitted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Water (if needed)
Just think about it – a buttery, graham cracker crust (yum) that holds a delicious cheesecake filling which is topped with delicious, gooey, sweet dark-sweet cherry mixture. Hungry yet? We are.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment spray and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until all crumbs are moist. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Use an electric mixer or handheld beaters to beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in sugar and continue mixing.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat again.
- In a saute pan over low heat, cook the cherries, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar after 1-2 minutes and stir. When cherries have started to soften, after about 4-5 minutes, mash the cherries, leaving some chunks. The mixture should be a little saucy, so add water, 1 tbsp at a time, if necessary.
- Pour mixture the cream cheese mixture on top of graham cracker crust and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon cherry mixture on top of cream cheese mixture, distributing spoonfuls evenly. Swirl with rubber spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until center no longer wobbles and edges are just starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let come to room temperature. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Calories: 425