- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
A summer cherry cheesecake recipe with fresh Stemilt cherries for a rich dessert that everyone loves.
- Stir together crust ingredients and press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of a buttered 24 centimeter spring form pan. Fill right away or chill up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, flour and zest with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, then vanilla, beating on low speed until each ingredient is incorporated and scraping down bowl between additions.
- Put springform pan with crust in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour filling into crust (spring form will be completely full) and bake in baking pan (to catch drips) in middle of oven 12 minutes or until puffed.
- Reduce temperature to 200 degrees and continue baking until cake is mostly firm (center will be slightly wobbly when pan is gently shaken), about 1 hour more.
- Run a knife around top edge of cake to loosen and cool completely in spring form pan on a rack.
- Chill cake, loosely covered, at least 6 hours.
- Remove side of pan and transfer cake to a plate.
- Top with fresh Stemilt cherries.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Calories: 904
- Fat Content: 57.4g
- Cholesterol Content: 306mg
- Sodium Content: 668mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 87.6g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 65g
- Protein Content: 15.9g