- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh Stemilt cherries, pitted and chopped
- Vegetable oil, as needed
These cherry fritters are more similar to pancakes than donuts.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Breakfast, Snacks
- Mix oats and nuts together until blended then add dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Stir the milk into the dry mixture, then fold in the eggs and sugar, followed by the melted butter, and then the sliced cherries.
- Heat about one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the pan.
- Cook until golden crusty on one side, then flip to cook the other side.
- Three or four fritters should fit in the skillet at once.
- Add oil for additional fritters as needed.
- Serve the fritters warm with a dollop of sour cream, or with maple syrup.
- Calories: 268
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 117 mg
- Sodium Content: 251 mg
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Sugar Content: 26 g