- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Stemilt dark-sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, refrigerated
- Crushed ice
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda or seltzer
- A couple of Stemilt dark-sweet cherries with stems
- 4 long stems fresh mint
When the summer heat comes on, cool down with this refreshing cherry-inspired drink.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDrinks
- Combine water and sugar in small saucepan; add halved cherries.
- Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Strain syrup into container with tight fitting lid; discard cherries.
- Refrigerate syrup until cold.
- Fill a tall 12 to 16-ounce glass with ice.
- Pour 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup syrup over ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with cherries and mint.
- Leftover syrup may be stored, refrigerated, up to one week.
- Calories: 140
- Protein Content: 0 g
- Fat Content: 0 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 28 mg