- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, divided
- Pastry for 9-inch double crust pie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups Stemilt sweet cherries (pitted)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red wine
Beautiful cherry pie made with fresh Stemilt cherries and sliced almonds.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Finely chop 1/4 cup almonds.
- Roll dough into circle approximately 16 inches in diameter and sprinkle chopped almonds over top; roll gently to embed nuts in dough.
- Note: When using packaged, pre-rolled pastry, stack one crust on top of the other and roll to 16 inches.
- Gently transfer to lightly greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper, if desired.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Mix cherries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and wine in a bowl.
- Spoon cherry mixture onto dough leaving a 4-inch border.
- Lift edges of dough up and over fruit, leaving a 5-inch circle of cherries showing in the center.
- Fold in edges of pastry to form a circle.
- Brush pastry with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until pastry browns and filling bubbles.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Calories: 475
- Fat Content: 19.2 g
- Protein Content: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 70.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 23 mg
- Fiber Content: 4.1 g
- Sodium Content: 315 mg