- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups pitted Stemilt sweet cherries
- 6 cups cubed (3/4-in.) day-old Italian bread
- 2 cups vertically sliced sweet red peppers
- 2 cups vertically sliced sweet yellow or green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup julienne fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Great summer salad with fresh Stemilt cherries, bell peppers and homemade dressing.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Place bread cubes in large bowl, let stand, uncovered for 30 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and ground pepper; mix well.
- Pour dressing mixture over bread and toss until all liquid is absorbed.
- Gently mix cherries, peppers, basil, olives and capers together. Alternatively layer soaked bread and cherry mixture in serving bowl, beginning with bread and ending with pepper mixture.
- Let stand at room temperature before serving.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Calories: 330
- Fat Content: 15.8 g
- Protein Content: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43.3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1.6 mg
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 756 mg