- 12 oz of milk or dark chocolate (chips or roughly chopped if from a block)
- 1 cup (8 oz) of heavy whipping cream
- A pinch of salt
- Dip-ables such as strawberries, banana pieces cut into 1-inch chunks, dried appricots, candied ginger, apple pieces
Apples pair deliciously with chocolate fondue, for an extra sweet treat. Recipe reprinted by permission from SimplyRecipes.com.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDessert
- Heat the cream over medium heat in a small saucepan until tiny bubbles show and begins to lightly and slowly simmer.
- Remove from heat, add the chocolate, and whisk until smooth and full incorporated.
- Immediately transfer to a fondue pot heated at low or with a low flame, or serve straight from the pot.
- Arrange the dip-ables on a platter or plates around the chocolate pot.
- Use a fondue fork, bamboo skewer, seafood fork, or salad fork to dip the fruit pieces and other dip-ables into the hot melted cream chocolate mixture.
- Eat immediately.
If the fondue begins to feel a little stiff, add a tablespoon of heavy cream and stir. It will help it go a little longer. Eventually, it will cook down though and you may need to start a new pot.
- Calories: 279
- Fat Content: 18.2g
- Cholesterol Content: 30mg
- Sodium Content: 59mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 25.7g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 21.9g
- Protein Content: 3.6g