- 1 cup Stemilt cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved (approx. 14-16 cherries)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 5.3 oz containers dairy-free coconut milk plain yogurt alternative (or plain yogurt of your choice)
- 1 large Fuji apple, cored and cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp whole-ground flaxseed meal
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup pure coconut water
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
This nutritious and dairy-free smoothie is the perfect healthy option to get your day started.
- Yield1 28 oz. serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast, Drinks, Smoothies
- Add cherries, ice, yogurt, apple, flaxseed meal, carrot, coconut water, and cinnamon to pitcher of high-speed electric blender (one suitable for crushing ice and handling firm textures).
- Using a long-handle wooden spoon, push ingredients firmly down into pitcher.
- Blend on high (or use “smoothie” option, if applicable) for approximately 1 minute, or until pre-set time has expired. (If necessary, stop machine intermittently to scrape down sides or press ingredients down to remove any air pockets that might impede blending.)
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Calories: 256.8 (25.6% from fat)
- Fat Content: 7.3 (sat 4.0g, poly 1.6g, mono 0.5g)
- Protein Content: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46.4g
- Fiber Content: 8.1g
- Sugar Content: 8.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 41.4mg