- 1 1/2 Stemilt Fresh Blenders Sweet Apples, cored and quartered
- 2 cups roughly chopped romaine leaves
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 6”-7” carrot, thoroughly scrubbed or peeled, sliced in large chunks
- 1 1/2 -inch thick, nickel-size knob of ginger, peeled
- 1/4 small cantaloupe, rind removed, quartered
- 5 to 6 large strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 large ripe banana, peeled
- 2 to 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup water, if necessary, to loosen
A bright, light and subtly sweet smoothie made with everyday ingredients that pop with flavor and nutrition for a super easy daily starter.
In CategorySmoothies, Snacks, Breakfast
- Add apple, then romaine, ice, carrot, ginger, cantaloupe, strawberries, banana, mint, and water (if necessary) to pitcher of high-speed electric blender (one suitable for crushing ice and handling firm textures).
- Blend on high (or use “smoothie” option, if applicable) for approximately 1 minute. (If necessary, stop machine intermittently to scrape ingredients from sides, or press ingredients down to remove any air pockets that might impede blending.)
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Calories: 139.9 (3.86% from fat)
- Fat Content: 0.6 g (sat 0.1g, poly 0.3g, mono 0g)
- Protein Content: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33.9 g
- Fiber Content: 6.2 g
- Sugar Content: 24.7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.0 mg
- Sodium Content: 30.7 mg