- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes and frozen for 15 minutes
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ice water, plus extra if needed
- 6 to 8 medium to large Stemilt Artisan Organics peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1/2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
A summer classic, this easy peach pie with fresh peaches pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
Prepare the pie dough:
- Pulse the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of your food processor until blended.
- Add the frozen cubes of butter and pulse until the mixture for about 10 seconds or until it looks like a coarse meal.
- Mix the vinegar into the ice water and pour the water over the mixture.
- Pulse again a few times until the dough comes together when pinched between your fingers. If needed, add just a bit more water.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into two disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out one of the disks to fit a 9 inch pie pan with an inch overhang.
- Leave the other disk in the refrigerator until needed. Press the pie dough into your pan, leaving the edge overhanging for now.
Prepare the pie filling:
- In a large bowl, combine the peach slices, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir until the peaches are coated.
Assembling the pie:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and dot the top with the butter cubes.
- Roll out the second disk of pie dough. Using a pizza cutter, pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut into one inch strips.
- Arrange the strips over the top of the pie in one direction, leaving about 1/2 inch in between and using the longest strips in the center.
- Lay the remaining strips in the opposite direction, weaving in and out of the first set.
- Once done, pinch the edges of the strips into the bottom crust, then crimp the edge all around.
- Brush the top with the egg wash and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then use either a pie shield or some foil to cover the outer crust to prevent it from becoming too dark. Continue to bake for 15 to 20 more minutes or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Calories: 490
- Fat Content: 27.2g
- Cholesterol Content: 89mg
- Sodium Content: 484mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 56.1g
- Fiber Content: 3.2g
- Sugar Content: 18.8g
- Protein Content: 6.7g