- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup small diced Stemilt Fuji Apples
- 2/3 cup small diced Stemilt D’Anjou Pears
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
When the holiday season rolls around, it is easy to go straight to the traditional recipes. Try this amazing eggnog fruit bread from Stemilt!
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 8”x4” loaf pans or one 9”x5” loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray and sprinkling inside with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and butter. Beat in the sugar, extracts and eggnog.
- Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to egg mixture. Add the fruit and stir into batter. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan(s). Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the bread bakes, prepare the glaze by mixing together the eggnog and almond extract with a fork in a small bowl. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle with eggnog glaze if using.
- Calories: 655