- For Topping:
- 8 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For Filling:
- 6 to 8 medium to large Artisan Organics peaches, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
A crumble, or Brown Betty, is a British dish that combines fruit with a crumbly mixture of butter, flour and sugar. This peach crumble also uses chopped pecans for an extra crunchy topping.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Using a pastry blender or your hands, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Grease the bottom of an oven-safe 10 to 12 inch skillet or baking dish.
- Add the peach slices, lemon juice, maple, cinnamon and flour and stir until the peaches are coated.
- Cover the peach slices with the topping mixture completely.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 90g