Fresh, ripe and sweet yellow peaches pair so wonderfully with summer tomatoes, spicy jalapeños and bits of red onion. This easy salsa is a must at any summer party. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, over BBQ chicken, salmon or your favorite tacos.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 1 1/2 pounds (approx 3 to 4 medium) yellow peaches
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 - 2 medium jalapeños, finely diced (remove the seeds and ribs if you don’t care for the heat)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Recipe: Fresh Peach Salsa
Rate this recipe:
- Yield8 1/2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
1. To peel the peaches, bring a small saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil. Using a slotted spoon, lower the peaches into the boiling Let them sit for 30 to 45 seconds, moving them with the slotted spoon to a bowl filled with ice water. The skin should peel easily. Once peeled, halve the peaches, remove the stone and dice. Place the diced peaches in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Additional Notes: Jalapeño’s heat level can vary greatly. If you don’t want too much heat, start with one jalapeño with seeds and ribs removed, and give it a taste. If you’d like a little more spice, add the second jalapeño.