- 1 1/2 pounds (approx 3 to 4 medium) yellow peaches
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 - 2 medium jalapeños, finely diced (remove the seeds and ribs if you don’t care for the heat)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
This easy salsa is a must at any summer party. Fresh, ripe and sweet yellow peaches pair so wonderfully with summer tomatoes, spicy jalapeños and bits of red onion. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, over BBQ chicken, salmon or your favorite tacos.
- Yield8 1/2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineSpanish, Mexican, American
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish
- To peel the peaches, bring a small saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil.
- Using a slotted spoon, lower the peaches into the boiling Let them sit for 30 to 45 seconds, moving them with the slotted spoon to a bowl filled with ice water. The skin should peel easily.
- Once peeled, halve the peaches, remove the stone and dice. Place the diced peaches in a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- Jalapeño’s heat level can vary greatly. If you don’t want too much heat, start with one jalapeño with seeds and ribs removed, and give it a taste. If you’d like a little more spice, add the second jalapeño.
- Calories: 42
- Protein Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 147mg
- Sugar Content: 8g