Fresh, ripe and sweet yellow peaches pair so wonderfully with summer tomatoes, spicy jalapeños and bits of red onion. This easy salsa is a must at any summer party. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, over BBQ chicken, salmon or your favorite tacos.
- 1 1/2 pounds (approx 3 to 4 medium) yellow peaches
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 - 2 medium jalapeños, finely diced (remove the seeds and ribs if you don’t care for the heat)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
This easy salsa is a must at any summer party.
- Yield8 1/2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryQuick & Easy, Spreads & Sauces, Summer, Summer Fruits.
1. To peel the peaches, bring a small saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil. Using a slotted spoon, lower the peaches into the boiling Let them sit for 30 to 45 seconds, moving them with the slotted spoon to a bowl filled with ice water. The skin should peel easily. Once peeled, halve the peaches, remove the stone and dice. Place the diced peaches in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Additional Notes: Jalapeño’s heat level can vary greatly. If you don’t want too much heat, start with one jalapeño with seeds and ribs removed, and give it a taste. If you’d like a little more spice, add the second jalapeño.
- Calories: 42
- Protein Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 147mg
- Sugar Content: 8g