- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
This salad is the perfect beginning to any romantic meal.
Rate This Recipe
- Juice from half a blood orange (approximately 1/6 cup)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Stemilt red d'Anjou pear
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 head radicchio, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small beets, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- optional: firm goat cheese, shaved
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the vinaigrette, add the blood orange juice, vinegar, olive oil and shallot to a jar and seal tightly. Shake until emulsified and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) on medium high heat for several minutes until very hot. Slice the pears in half from stem to root and use a melon baller or small spoon to scoop out the seeds. Brush a small amount of olive oil onto the flat side of the pears.
- Carefully place each pear on the grill, flat side down. Close the lid and grill for 4 minutes. Remove and allow to cool until they're warm or room temperature.
- Divide the mixed greens between two salad plates. Top with the radicchio, beets, pistachios and goat cheese. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Top each salad with one of the pear halves.
- Drizzle blood orange vinaigrette over salad just before serving.
Calories: 297, Fat Content: 22 g, Protein Content: 24 g, Carbohydrate Content: 4.8 g.