- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced
This recipe originally appeared on AllRecipes.com, courtesy of user Barbara. Image credit: Jimby1960.
- Yield24 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9x13 inch cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl; beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine the flour salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cake is cool serve with a dusting of confectioners' sugar or with a cream cheese frosting.
- Calories: 201