- 2 Stemilt Fresh Blenders Sweet Apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup ice
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 5”-length English cucumber, cut into 3 or 4 slices
- 1 carrot (6” to 7”), thoroughly scrubbed or peeled, greens removed, cut into 3 or 4 slices
- 1 cup baby spinach, firmly packed
- 1 cup mixed baby greens (e.g. swiss chard, arugula, squash)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 orange, peeled and halved
- 1/2”-thick, nickel-size knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 ripe banana, peeled
- 2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- 6”-length celery stalk, cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- zest of one fresh lime
This “Go Big” smoothie is a smoothie-enthusiast’s best friend, pulling together a variety of leafy greens, veggies and fruits.
In CategorySmoothies, Breakfast, Snacks
- Add apple, ice, tomato, cucumber, spinach, mixed greens, and water to pitcher of high-speed electric blender (one suitable for crushing ice and handling firm textures).
- Blend on high (or use “smoothie” option, if applicable) for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute; to emulsify first batch of ingredients and make room for adding remaining ingredients.
- Then add orange, ginger, banana, flaxseed, celery and zest.
- Blend on high (or use “smoothie” option, if applicable) for approximately 1 minute. (If necessary, stop machine intermittently to scrape down sides or press ingredients down to remove any air pockets that might impede blending.)
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Calories: 113.2 (10.36% from fat)
- Fat Content: 1.3 g (sat 0.4g, poly 1.0g, mono 0.3g)
- Protein Content: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25.6 g
- Fiber Content: 5.9 g
- Sugar Content: 17.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.0 mg
- Sodium Content: 34.4 mg