- 2 to 3 Stemilt Pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 1 lb haricot verts, stems trimmed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup herbed marcona almonds
This green bean dish is a lighter, fresher departure from standard Thanksgiving green bean casserole.
In CategoryDinner, Side dish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beans and onions in center of a large baking sheet. Place halved pears in outer corners of baking sheet.
- Drizzle beans, onions and pears with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss beans and onions to mix oil and seasoning through and spread out in one layer (it’s okay if they overlap a bit… use a second pan if it’s more than just a bit); leave halved pears to nest in the corners of the pan.
- Place in oven to roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice pears.
- Plate beans and pears to your liking and top with marcona almonds.
- Calories: 279
- Fat Content: 19.8
- Protein Content: 6.5
- Carbohydrate Content: 25.8
- Fiber Content: 9.6
- Sugar Content: 13.8