- 1 to 2 Honeycrisp apples, cut into wedges and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed, loose leaves removed, thinly shaved
- 2 large leaves green kale, ribs removed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 oz candied pecans
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
Stemilt's Honeycrisp apples offer a vibrant crunch and a perfect note of sweetness to balance out the robust flavor of brussels sprouts and kale.
- Yield10 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner, Lunch,
- In a large bowl, add sliced apple, shaved brussel sprouts, sliced kale, cranberries and pecans.
- Toss gently to mix. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and honey, until honey is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in cider vinegar, olive oil and salt, until completely blended.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to mix through. Serve.
- Shaved brussel sprouts and sliced kale can be combined ahead of time, stored in a ziplock bag or covered and stored in fridge. When ready to serve, simply toss with remaining ingredients.
- If serving over several days, you may want to add pecans upon each serving to maintain their crunch.
- Calories: 212
- Fat Content: 11.7
- Protein Content: 2.2
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.8
- Fiber Content: 5.8
- Sugar Content: 18.4