- 2/3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 red apples
- 1 green apples
- Mint or basil to sprinkle (optional)
Don’t overlook apples when it comes to the grill. Prep is easy and the apples provide a sweet side dish.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish
- Combine orange juice, honey, vanilla and pepper in a mixing bowl and pour into a shallow dish (or sealed plastic bag).
- Wash apples and slice them into medium-thick pieces.
- Add the apples to the marinade, ensuring all slices are covered. Marinade for 1-2 hours, turning a few times throughout.
- When the grill is ready, apply a layer of cooking spray to the grill rack.
- Remove the apples from the marinade, and set the marinade aside.
- Place the apples on the grill and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes, while turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
- Plate (alternate red and green slices), drizzle with marinade to your liking, and top with fresh mint or basil.
- Calories: 95
- Fat Content: 0.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 2mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 24.4g
- Fiber Content: 2.9g
- Sugar Content: 19.8g
- Protein Content: 0.6g