- 1 package unflavored gelatin (0.25 oz)
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 11/4 tsp lime zest, divided
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 cups crumbled chocolate wafers (9-ounce box)
- 11/4 cups granulated sugar, plus 2 tbsp, divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound Stemilt cherries, pitted and halved
A no-bake cake recipe featuring fresh sweet cherries. The perfect summertime dessert to share!
To make the cake:
- Heat gelatin and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium high heat, until gelatin is just dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lime zest, 1/4 cup of heavy cream and white chocolate; continue cooking, stirring intermittently, until chocolate is completely melted, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, about 20 to 30 minutes. (Note: transfer mixture from warm saucepan to a glass bowl to accelerate cooling, if desired.)
- Meanwhile, mix crumbled chocolate wafers, 1 cup granulated sugar and butter in a small bowl, until completely combined.
- Press wafer mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch removable bottom cake tin (with 3-inch sides) to form a “crust” with a 1- to 2-inch outside edge. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 cup sugar and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon lime zest and continue beating until mixed through.
- Add cream cheese mixture to white chocolate mixture that has cooled.
- Mix together with a large spoon or spatula, until completely combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 2 cups heavy cream until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Carefully fold whipped cream into the cream cheese-chocolate mixture, to fully combine while being careful not to deflate the whipped cream too much.
- Pour mixture into chocolate wafer crust. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 24 hours.
To make cherry topping:
- Heat water and remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat (to create a simple syrup), stirring frequently until sugar is completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool. Once cooled, mix simple syrup and cherries in a bowl until cherries are nicely coated.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a second bowl and pour cherries into strainer. (This will remove excess syrup from cherries).
- Remove icebox cake from freezer about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Remove outer ring of cake tin to “un-tin” cake and place cake on a serving dish.
- Top cake with a tumble of glazed cherries and serve immediately.
- Calories: 792
- Fat Content: 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 32.7 g
- Protein Content: 8.9 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 79.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1.6 g
- Sugar Content: 65.2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 111.4 mg
- Sodium Content: 332.6 mg