- 1 package mixed baby greens
- 1 large ripe pear (Bartlett or d’Anjou)
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 3 oz walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Fresh Stemilt pears combine with blue cheese, walnuts, and homemade dressing to make one refreshing salad.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Divide the mixed baby greens onto six salad plates.
- Peel and slice the pear thinly.
- Top the salad greens with pear slices, dividing the slices among the 6 plates.
- Top each salad with ½ oz. of the crumbled blue cheese.
- Next, top the salads with ½ oz. of the chopped walnuts.
For the dressing:
- Combine 4 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil with 2 TBSP of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix in the Dijon mustard, sugar and salt.
- Top each salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Note: May substitute plain chopped walnuts for candy coated ones, if desired.
- Calories: 228
- Fat Content: 20g (sat 5g, poly 6g, mono 9g)
- Protein Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 11mg
- Sodium Content: 232mg