- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested (about 1 tablespoon zest)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1-2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped Stemilt World Famous dark-sweet pitted cherries, plus extra halves for the top of the bread
Small in stature, but mighty in flavor this Quick Cherry Bread is a loaf that won't disappoint!
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 10”x5” loaf pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper, and spray again.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt and mix until combined. Add the flour, a bit at a time, and beat until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the ¾ cup of chopped cherries. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Top with cherry halves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.