- To make the whole cardamom pod infused syrup:
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Whole Green Cardamom Pods:
- 1 cup white sugar
- To make the roasted pear sauce (makes 1 large jar of sauce):
- 6 Pears, peeled, cored, sliced from top to bottom
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups Water
- To make the roasted pear martini (makes 1 drink):
- 1/2 ounce Extra Dry Vermouth
- 1 ounce Gin or Pear Vodka
- 1 ounce Lemon juice
- 1 ounce Roasted Pear Puree
- 1 ounce Cardamom Simple Syrup
- To make the optional brûlée pear garnish:
- 1 thin slice of fresh pear per martini
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar per pear
This is THE cocktail recipe you've been waiting for. Roasted pears, piney gin, and pear vodka with cardamom syrup are ready for shakin'!
Yield1 cocktail serving
In CategoryDrinks, Cocktails
To make the optional brûlée pear garnish:
- If making this garnish, prepare the brûlée pears BEFORE you make the martini in the cocktail shaker.
- Thinly slice pears on a mandolin and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over the top of each pear and either broil under the broiler until the sugar caramelizes or carefully caramelize with a kitchen torch.
To make the whole cardamom pod infused syrup:
- Bring the water and cardamom pods to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar until fully dissolved. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool, transfer to an airtight container and infuse in the refrigerator for 3 days, before straining out the cardamom pods. (This syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.)
To make the roasted pear sauce (makes 1 large jar of sauce):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay prepared pears cut side down on a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until soft to the touch.
- Let cool slightly. Transfer the pears to a blender along with 1/4 cup water.
- Puree until the pears are thoroughly blended, you may need to add the additional 1/4 cup of water if your puree is still too thick.
- Let cool. Transfer to a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To make the roasted pear martini (makes 1 drink):
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the pear puree, gin or vodka, dry vermouth, lemon juice, and the cardamom syrup.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a brûlée pear (if using).
No time to wait 3 days for the cardamom pod syrup to infuse? You can make this super easy cardamom syrup on the stove top using ground cardamom in just a few minutes! 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom Combine water and sugar over low heat until melted together, add cardamom. Allow to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Per Serving (Martini Shaker)
- Calories: 1693
- Fat Content: 2.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 35mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 423.8g
- Fiber Content: 45.5g
- Sugar Content: 343.2g
- Protein Content: 5.5g