This is an easy, fresh slaw that beautifully balances the subtle sweet notes of Stemilt’s Skylar Rae cherries with the hint of heat delivered by the addition of green onions and jalapeño in this mix, and the bright, tangy drizzle of a fresh lime-infused viniagrette. It’s a great side to most any grilled entrée (like brown-sugar glazed salmon!).
- 1/2 pound Stemilt Skylar Rae® Cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 2 navel oranges, supremed
- 6 cups mixed cabbage “slaw” (packaged, grated green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded and minced
- For Dressing:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp peach jam
- Pinch salt
Here we’ve used a packaged, pre-shredded slaw (with both green and red cabbage and carrots) to make assembly quick and easy. This is an easy, fresh slaw that beautifully balances the subtle sweet notes of Stemilt’s Skylar Rae cherries.
Yield8 1-cup servings
In CategorySide Dish
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, orange segments, cabbage slaw, green onion, and jalapeño. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk fresh lime juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, and peach jam until jam is fully incorporated.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over slaw and toss until mixed through. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Calories: 66
- Fat Content: 0.6g
- Protein Content: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15.3g
- Fiber Content: 2.7g
- Sugar Content: 7.0g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 27.9mg