- 1 medium apple (variety of your choice), peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 2-3 pound pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup good quality store-bought barbecue sauce (plus more for serving)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Combine apples and pork into a slow cooker and let it do its magic.
- Yield4-6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorymain
- Place sliced apples in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small dish, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and chili powder and rub all over the roast with your hands.
- Place roast on top of apples.
- Combine the broth, sauce, and vinegar and pour over and around roast.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker to a cutting board. Mash apples with a potato masher and stir apples and sauce together well.
- Shred the pork with two forks, then add back to the slow cooker, tossing well to coat meat with the sauce.
- Serve the pork on whole wheat buns with additional barbecue sauce.
- Calories: 373