- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup fresh Stemilt cherries (pitted and sliced)
- Top with milk and sugar, if desired
Oatmeal is warm, satisfying and delicious. Non-instant oatmeal is also a whole grain, and provides two grams of fiber per serving.
- Bring 4 cups of water or milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in 1 cup of oats. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until oats are of desired texture.
- Top with sliced cherries. Serve warm with a little milk and sugar if desired.
- Calories: 102
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Sugar Content: 5 g