- For the cake:
- 1 Stemilt d'Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Softened butter for greasing
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 egg white (or 2 tablespoons aquafaba)*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 dates, finely chopped
- For the "sauce":
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold salted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Serve this delicious pudding with plenty of vanilla ice cream and everyone will be asking for seconds, we promise.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and generously butter 6 ½ cup ramekins. Place the buttered ramekins on a sheet pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until the egg is incorporated, then add the half and half and stir until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir until smooth. Fold in the dates and pears.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ramekins and divide evenly.
- For the “sauce”, sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the batter and dot with the small pieces of butter evenly between each ramekin.
- Pour the boiling water over the top of the butter and sugar (evenly between each ramekin). Leave ¼ inch of room at the top.
- Transfer the sheet pan of ramekins to the preheated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Calories: 430
- Fat Content: 18.5g
- Cholesterol Content: 51mg
- Sodium Content: 238mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 64.2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 44.1g
- Protein Content: 4g