- 1 small bread roll, as preferred
- 1/8 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Stemilt Apple (Pink Lady in this preparation), cut lengthwise into approximate 1/8” slices to produce approximately 5 to 6 slices, core to stem (core discarded)
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 slice Black Forest deli turkey
- 2 thin slices Gouda cheese (young variety), approximately 1 ounce
- 2 tbsp Marionberry preserves
- 1/2 cup mixed baby greens, loosely packed
This sweet and savory sandwich is reminiscent of a Monte Cristo, without the extra sugar and fat.
In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of oven and preheat the broiler. Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat.
- Break egg and carefully slip into skillet, to keep yolk intact. Sprinkle egg with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until whites begin to set and yolk begins to thicken; carefully turn egg with spatula and continue cooking until whites are completely set and yolk is cooked through; about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and set aside. Return skillet, unwiped, to stovetop set at medium high heat; add slices of apple.
- Cook approximately 1 minute, turn over and cook another 30 to 40 seconds. Remove to plate and set aside. Again, return unwiped skillet to stovetop set at medium high heat.
- Place turkey bacon in skillet and cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes before turning; cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove to paper towels and set aside. Without wiping clean, place deli turkey in same skillet.
- Cook for approximately 30 to 40 seconds on each side to warm through and brown a bit. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place sliced bread roll on baking sheet on LOWEST rack in oven, to warm through for approximately 40 to 60 seconds.
- Remove to cutting board. Spread each halve with half of preserves. Place deli meat on bottom half, top with egg, then turkey bacon, then sautéed apple slices, then sliced cheese.
- Return dressed halve of roll to baking sheet and place in TOP RACK of oven to broil for approximately 30 to 60 seconds (watch it carefully), until cheese slightly bubbles and completely melts.
- Remove from oven and place on plate. Top with mixed baby greens and cap with top portion of bread roll. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 474.0
- Fat Content: 17.0g
- Cholesterol Content: 261.4mg
- Sodium Content: 1125.3mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 49.7g
- Fiber Content: 6.4g
- Sugar Content: 30.0g
- Protein Content: 32.8g