- 2 ounces apple simple syrup
- 2 ounces good quality gin
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice, or to taste
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- 1 cup firmly packed Stemilt apple peels*
- 1 cup granulated sugar*
- 1 cup water*
- 1 cinnamon stick*
This apple gin cocktail uses Piñata apple peels and is great for cold wintry nights by the fire!
- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDrinks, Cocktail
To create the simple syrup (ingredients marked with *):
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the apple peels, sugar, water and cinnamon stick to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Allow the syrup to cool, then strain out the solids. (The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one month.)
- Combine the simple syrup, gin, cider and lime juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass and garnish with the cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 242
- Sodium Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 21g