- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Stemilt cherries, pitted and chopped
Start your day off right with delicious cherry muffins. These easy-to-make muffins are rich in antioxidants and will surely be a hit at any brunch.
In CategoryBreakfast, Snacks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips.
- Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor, pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
- Add buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. A
- dd the buttermilk mixture and fold until almost blended.
- Gently fold in the cherries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown; about 20-25 minutes.
- Calories: 191
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Sodium Content: 245 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 12 g