Sweet, tart and aromatic, nothing says fall like an apple crisp – and this recipe is lightened up for guilt-free indulgence.
- 1/3 cup all purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 3 lbs Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
Sweet, tart and aromatic, nothing says fall like an apple crisp - and this recipe is lightened up for guilt-free indulgence.
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- In a dry mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and brown sugar, and blend with a spoon before adding the butter.
- Using your hands, gently combine by rubbing the ingredients together with your fingertips until you have the texture of wet sand.
- Add the pecans, if you are using them, by stirring them in with a spoon. And then set aside while you prepare the apples.
- Combine the apples, remaining cinnamon and maple syrup and stir until the apples are fully coated with the blend. And then pour into a baking pan, arranging them flat across the base.
- Then top with the dry mixture, using your hands to pat it down. Bake at 375F for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
- Calories: 207