- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Fresh Stemilt apples (about 8 oz, sliced)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Sauteed apples and cinnamon make a great topping to this favorite breakfast dish.
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast
- Crack the eggs into a flat bottom shallow dish (such as a pie pan). Using a fork or a whisk beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Turn a burner on to medium-high heat, and in a skillet, heat one tablespoon of the butter until it sizzles.
- Put one slice of bread at a time into the egg mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Place the egg-soaked bread slices (one or two at a time, depending on the size of the skillet), and cook until golden brown and the eggs are cooked through one side at a time.
- Repeat until all four slices of bread are cooked thoroughly.
- In the warm skillet, add the other tablespoon of butter. When the butter is sizzling, add the apple slices.
- Sauté about 3-4 minutes, until the apples are browned and just beginning to soften.
- When the apples are done, put each of the French toast pieces on a plate, and top with 1/4 of the apples.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon on top of the apples. Serve warm with a bit of syrup.
- Calories: 229
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 226 mg
- Sodium Content: 243 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g