- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- olive oil spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package halloumi, sliced into 1/4 - 1/2-inch thick rectangles
- 4 pieces of mini naan bread, or gluten free naan formed into small pieces, slightly warmed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Stemilt Piñata® Apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tsp ground Aleppo pepper
These Apple, Halloumi, and Labneh Flatbreads utilize a variety of Middle Eastern spices and ingredients, as well as our tropical Piñata apple!
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineMiddle Eastern, European, American
- In CategoryDinner
To make the labneh:
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl and line it with cheesecloth. Place the Greek yogurt into the strainer, pull the cheesecloth over the top of the yogurt and place into the refrigerator.
- Allow the yogurt to strain in the refrigerator for 2 days.
To make the flatbread:
- Once the labneh is ready, lightly spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add slices of halloumi to the skillet and cook for 1 - 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp labneh onto each naan, top with 1/4 of the arugula, 2 slices of the prepared halloumi, slices of apple, and 1/4 of the pomegranate arils.
- Sprinkle Aleppo pepper over top and serve immediately.
Notes: If you don’t have time to make labneh, regular Greek yogurt will do, it just won’t be as thick or luscious.
- Calories: 342
- Fat Content: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3.3 mg
- Sodium Content: 451.9 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 60.6 g
- Sugar Content: 15.7 g