- 1 Stemilt Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apple, cored, stemmed, sliced into thin rings
- 12 to 15 large asparagus spears, ends trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 3 large radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp honey
This recipe features a tumble of fresh asparagus ribbons and sliced radish, dressed simply with honey-sweetened lemon juice, layered between thinly sliced rings of fresh apple and then topped with a sprinkle of pistachios for a bright, healthy springtime salad.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Place apples in a shallow dish and drizzle with approximately 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with honey; until honey is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus and radish, season with salt and pepper, add lemon-honey mixture, and gently toss to combine. Depending on how many you will be serving, place several rings of apple on each salad plate.
- Top with a little tumble of the asparagus/radish salad. Layer another few apple rings atop and finish with another smaller tumble of asparagus/radish salad.
- Sprinkle each serving of salad with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
- To make asparagus ribbons, lay spear flat on cutting board and hold cut end firmly while pressing and pulling vegetable peeler flat across length to tip to create ribbon.
- Repeat until approximately halfway through spear, then turn over and repeat procedure on that side until peeler won’t easily glide through.
- Reserve thin, unused portion of spear for another use (e.g. soup, salad or pasta add, crudité platter).
- For apples and radish, a mandolin works great.
- Calories: 46.7
- Fat Content: 0.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.0mg
- Sodium Content: 41.1mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 11.7g
- Fiber Content: 2.2g
- Sugar Content: 7.0g
- Protein Content: 1.8g